Glamping in Nelson
All inclusive - Transfers & Accommodation
DURATION: 1 Full Day including 2 nights accommodation and flights to Nelson if required
CITY: Rabbit Island, Nelson & Tasman Region, South Island
GUEST NUMBERS: Small groups and up to 14 guests (2 persons per tent or hut = 7 tents/huts) - plus the option of a nearby lodge to add on another 10 pax - 2 per room = 5 rooms
Just 25 minutes to Nelson city, 10 minutes from Mapua and 300 metres from the Great Taste Trail, Glamping at Rabbit Island is a fun-filled and delightful way to experience the Nelson and Tasman region.
The Rabbit Island glamping accommodation is set on 25 acres of Waimea Plains land, beautifully located for peace and quiet. 360 degree views of mountains, the Richmond Ranges and the Waimea Estuary stretch out around you. Or just enjoy the beautiful Rabbit Island beach on foot - 1.5 kms down the road.
The tents/huts have their own kitchenette facilities and are heated for all year comfort and a luxury bed & lounge area. Your luxury bathroom is shared with three of the Rabbit Island Huts (two very luxurious bathrooms) and outdoor bath and shower area.
The glamping experience is very self-contained and private, so you can choose to relax in your own company - or you'll also have the option to mingle, and join other guests for a glass of wine and a chat around the communal campfire.
The Great Taste Cycle Trail is 200m from the property so you can bring your bikes or hire them and explore the various wineries and craft breweries in the area. Or just enjoy the beautiful Rabbit Island beach on foot - 1.5 kms down the road.
The crafty types will enjoy the arts and craft trail and markets of Nelson, and the foodies will love the great quality cafes and restaurants of nearby Mapua Wharf, not to mention the craft beer and wine tasting in the local area.
- 2 nights accommodation in a twin hut or tent including a bespoke continental breakfast with products from the region
- 3 day car hire for smaller groups or we can provide transfers for larger groups
OTHER ONSITE ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST - (not included in package price):
- BBQ dinner brought to you by a private chef
- Use of a rustic style meeting place suitable for yoga, team building events, meetings, movies
- Cycle Hire
- Be a Florist for the Day
- Games - got it covered!
- Yoga instuctor
Included: 2 nights - in a Superior tent or hut, double.
Included: 3 day car hire or for larger groups transfers return to and from Nelson airport
Add on option of Helicopter flight to the venue and or return available (price on request)
We can arrange all flights within New Zealand to Nelson where required (not included in per person costs)
SUGGESTED ADD ON ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA (pending time required in Nelson):
- Cycle Great Taste Trail - The Great Taste Cycle Trail is 200m from the property so you explore the various wineries and craft breweries in the area.
- Abel Tasman for day (Kayak, Walk, Boat)
- Mapua Coastal Walk
- Explore the Maupa Village for cafes, potteries, wineries, artisans along roads and trails
- Visit the historical thatched settlers' cottage at Mahana or investigate the ‘rock' pools and bush walks at McKee Domain. Walk from McKee to Kina Peninsula at low tide – and rest up at Jester House Café (wacky art, eel feeding, great food) on the way back.
- Vortex Wind Karting
- Guided Hiking
- Mounting Biking
- Skywire Experience
- World of Wearable Arts & Class Car Museum in Nelson
- McCashin's Brewery
- Saturday Markets in Nelson
- Sunday Market in Motueka
PRICE PER PERSON: (On application - subject to availability)