National Tribute - an evening with Sir Wayne 'Buck' Shelford.
Due to lockdown restrictions, this event is postponed until 2022. New date tbc soon!
National Tribute – Sir Wayne Shelford, due to be staged at North Shore's EventFinda Stadium on November 18, is now postponed and will now be held mid-2022.
Event promoter, Kelsen Butler, says that while it's disappointing the event can't be held as planned, the prudent decision is to delay until next year .
“Our desire is to stage an evening that pays tribute to the mana of Sir Wayne, however at this stage there remains too much uncertainty over lockdown levels to give anyone any confidence that Auckland will at Level 1 by November 18. We know it's going to be an entertaining event for the anticipated seven-hundred guests attending the evening, as well as the live television audience on Sky Sport. We'll just have to wait a little longer before hearing the likes of Eric Rush, Glen Osborne, Frano Botica, Hika Reid and Sir John Kirwan tell their favourite Buck story” says Butler.
A new date will be finalised in the coming weeks.
National Tribute – Sir Wayne Shelford is an evening celebrating the achievements of the inspirational Shelford, both on-and-off the rugby field.
The televised function will see Shelford's family, friends and former All Blacks and North Harbour colleagues sharing their favourite ‘Buck' yarns. James McOnie (Crowd Goes Wild) will MC the event with guest speakers including Eric Rush, Frano Botica, Glen Osborne and Sir John Kirwan. Proceeds from the night will benefit North Harbour community rugby.
National Tribute is all about sharing entertaining and inspirational stories. Attendees are in for a memorable evening as the legendary Sir Wayne ‘Buck' Shelford is honoured by his family and friends.
(The Sir Wayne Shelford event follows the successful staging of National Tribute – Sir John Kirwan. The 2019 function was a sell-out with seven hundred guests in attendance.)
Overview of the Package Inclusions:
- A dedicated hospitality facility uniquely and exclusively developed for the event;
- A seated, formal hospitality experience at tables of 10 guests, with a selection of Platinum, Gold or Silver seats;
- A sumptuous three-course meal service;
- Premium beers, wines and soft drinks packages;
- MC James McOnie;
- Guests Speakers including Eric Rush, Frano Botica, Glen Osborne, Sir John Kirwan and others;
- Enjoy being part of a ‘live' television audience;
- Host service throughout the evening;
- Live auction with unique items of memorabilia.